Gary F, Edwina, Jon AS

GF
My suggestion is that Peirce’s three categories or “elements” can be
regarded as elements of Aristotelian Form: Quality is the Firstness
of Form, Actuality is the Secondness of Form, and Growth is the
Thirdness of Form.  As for Aristotelian Matter, it is simply
indeterminate substance, or the capacity to be determined (by Form),
thus gaining embodied individuality or determinate existence.

ET
I fully agree with your outline.

I partly agree.  The categories of 1ns, 2ns, 3ns are ways of
classifying experiences in the phaneron, not the physical things
that caused the experiences.

GF
Peirce says in the excerpt Jon quoted, “it is always the Aristotelian matter I speak of” — not physical matter in the modern sense.

That is the critical issue.  Any physical entity may be classified
in an open-ended variety of ways.  Aristotle's word is a symbol that
he used in formulating his theory.  But the symbols of any theory are
related to the physical world by criteria proper to that theory.

Theories as different as Aristotle's, Newton's, Einstein's,
Heisenberg's, Dirac's... have theoretical terms with different
mappings to what people call "reality".  Some of those terms may
have approximate overlaps, but the differences are critical.

JAS
As for Entelechy, Peirce quite explicitly associated that term
(as well as the perfect sign) with the ideal end of semiosis--that
toward which growth is proceeding, not the process of growth itself.

CSP:  We may adopt the word to mean the very fact, that is, the
ideal sign which should be quite perfect, and so identical,--in
such identity as a sign may have,--with the very matter denoted
united with the very form signified by it.

I agree.  But as Peirce emphasized, every so-called "law of science"
is fallible.  We can't assume that any fact is an ideal, perfect
sign that is identical with some aspect of reality.

I also agree with the following point:

GF
And of course Peirce was not talking about sexuality in the physical
sense either...

Yes.  He was using a "sexy" metaphor, which could be a distraction.
The Chinese yinyang sign may be interpreted in an open-ended variety
of ways, one of which happens to be sex.  For that reason, it would
closer to the ideal, but not perfect.  (See the attached yinyang.png)