On Thu, 29 Apr 2004, Roozbeh Pournader wrote:

> For example, Tajiki is written in the Cyrillic alphabet instead of
> Arabic. ;)

Yeah, well, since I found out you can't actually type it unless you
buy those stand-alone programs (without the source code!), I'm
going to cite the Tajik [1] example every time people suggest Persian
script should be "reformed" and written in Latin chars because it's less
headaches. How easy or hard to implement seems to depend only on how much
interest there is, not on technical hurdles.
(Yes, I just read the BBC article Roozbeh mentioned!)

[1] The English word is Tajik (and sometimes Tadzhik) but not Tajiki.  (I
also only found this out recently!)

-Connie