On Mon, 2004-05-10 at 00:40, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> On SuHumm, after finishing the
> sentence, I go back to vote for "Jalali"!  As it avoid binding
> yet another meaning to the Persian/Iranian word, and we don't
> have to go on tell everybody that this "Farsi Calendar" is the
> same as the "Persian Calendar" or "Iranian Calendar", which in
> turn used to be known as "Jalali Calendar" or "Jalaali Calendar"
> by MS...  Poof, "Jalali Calendar" is such a cute name, not?

It has a serious problem: there already exits a Jalali calendar that is
different from this calendar we are talking about. It uses the same leap
year rules, but each month is 30 days, with 5 or 6 additional days added
at the end [Mosahab Persian Encyclopedia, Vol 1, Page 657, "taghvim-e
jalaali" entry].

roozbeh