I totally agree with you that the name "Jalali" keeps away all that
confusion and debate around Farsi/Persian/Iranian and also
Shamsi/Khorshidi. But as far as I'm advised, the "Jalali Calendar"
refers to an era other than the "Hejrie Shamsi" which is in use today,
and the calculations are not exactly the same. This is what some people
have told me, I don't know about the details though. Can anybody clarify
please?

> "Jalali Calendar" is such a cute name, not?
Yeah, and funny is the message a guy has commented on MSDN Longhorn
annotations for the Jalaali calendar:

"Thank you
This Calender Is A Good
Thank You Mr Jalali