mitrih wrote:
> Thanks bpa for the pointer... Alien is getting real old and I just keep
> it for sentimental value ;) I will disable it.
Remove it completely - as it installs a rtsp handler and if you have
more than one handler installed, it is not clear which one will be used.
Disabling a plugin will not stop LMS scanning the custom-types.conf file
which has the "rtsp" definition.

>  However as I enabled realplayer ( v1.0) with the extension downloader (
> of server 7.3.3).
I hope you mean PlayReal - realplayer is a horrible Realnetworks product
which causes all sorts of problems.

> I end up in the same spot. the same Mplayer version is downloaded and I
> get the same error ( end of file).
1. Not sure what you mean by the "same version of mplayer is
downloaded". What version do you have ? I though had a version that
plays the stream ?  Could you have two versions of mplayer on your
system ?
2. Make sure AlienBBC is uninstalled and there is no trace of it and
restart LMS.
3. AFAICT You need to have the correct build of mplayer which has
live555.  The build will depend on the OS you are using and where you
are downloading the mplayer executable.   I cannot help you on this,
however since you say you can already played the stream using mplayer.
I am confused - at least give some hard info such as OS, version,
version of mplayer that works, version of mplayer that doesn't , where
you got the version of mplayer that works ? etc.