mitrih wrote:
> [Just get a mplayer which plays your stream reliably. When it does, copy
> the output after running the mplayer command with the "-v" option on the
> stream and attach to a post. ]
>
> bpa, my problem is I am not well versed into this stuff. I was trying to
> accommodate your request to find an mplayer with integrated Lib_555
> library... but in the process I did not understand that it has to play
> Realaudio... my simple test for the mplayer is that it plays the stream
> I want over the PC speaker well for about 2-5mintues. So I thought I
> achieved my goal, since the mplayer I sent you plays all these streams
> well ;) I was assuming once we have the speaker output, we can transcode
> it into anything we want from there. but I am less than knowledgeable in
> this stuff, and I think you are asking for something to play real audio
> and I am just assuming we transcode the speaker output ( like you do
> with WaveIn, which I use quite a lot thank you!)
>
> On the mplayer stuff, the only ones I found is  -svn and -rtm on the
> web, both are powerful recent builds ( like VLC) and integrate FFmpeg,
> but it does not seem like they have the output you want to integrate
> them. So I will go back and use WaveIn for odd stations.
>
> To give you a bit of a history on this, I have about 5 stations ( mostly
> middle east stuff) that have changed to play this odd rtsp, rtmp and
> quicktime ( they used to play fine on Alien rtsp until they changed).
> However I was lucky with rtmp stream, some of the members (thanks to
> this helpful forum) were able to find an expanded version to play on
> IBBCplayer for rtmp ( after the expansion), if you care to read earlier
> posts on this thread... I got most of them converted to rtmp. ( this one
> rtmp does not play).
> Do not worry much about this.. but if you have any ideas how to pipe the
> output of these new mplayers using the PCM stream out piped out to the
> box... this is something we can explore for the future... Thanks!

RealAudio has nothing to do with this. RealAudio is dead. Forghet about
RealAudio. All I told you if you have Live555 in mplayer (which you need
for your stream)  - it cannot play RealAudio, so tests with RealAudio
files are irrelevant.

I have installed the mplayer you referred to and they cannot play the
stream on my XP system, so Id' like to see the debug output of your
mplayer to veriify what mplayer is doing different on my system compared
to yours.