mitrih wrote:
> I have Itune ( which loads quicktime) and PS3 media server ( which uses
> mplayer) and VLC all loaded on this system, so you will a lot of codecs
> are already in there. But I also ran those two mplayers on my window 7
> laptop and all streams ran fine too. I suggest we focus on the on
> MPlayer-generic-r36349+gb24f15c load if you have that, since that one I
> feel detects the stream very quickly and always uses FFMPEG ( so you do
> not have to worry about Mpeg123 ). and it seems to work well.
> I added the help output you requested for both mplayer versions. Another
> idea is if you are more familiar with Mac, maybe download the MAC
> version and work on the Mac to see if you can get it going there. Then I
> can copy the modifications to the PC and test it.

Looking at the output "generic" does not have mpeg123 compiled in
whereas "svn" does.  I'm not sure what you mean by "always uses ffmpeg"
- most of the conversion libraries for mplayer comes from ffmpeg.
Mplayer's "intelligence" is working though different possibiltiies (with
ffmpeg/avconv which also use ffmpeg libraries the userr has to specify
explicitly which codecs and transport to use).

I think the main stumbing block is resampling the stream.

What audio hardware have you got ?