mitrih wrote:
> I am just playing this over the laptop speakers ( I played it on T40
> thinkpad Window XP and T430 thinkpad with window 7) same results. What I
> meant with the generic decoder always going to FFmpeg, is that the
> generic does not even try to go to mpeg123, it opens FFmpeg.. I attached
> a file of generic playing 2 stations, it always goes to FFmpeg. If you
> can get this to play on your favorite MAC or PC we can take it from
> there. If you think it is a specific HW issue, then we are out of luck..
> I think we both agree that SB cannot play this, but if we can get
> Mplayer to transcode it and have SB is like a passthrough, that would be
> good. I think the model where the server does all the work using the
> plugin, and SB does the minimum is probably best

I've tried at least 3 builds mplayer 1.0rc2, Redxii and generic - all
with the same results.   Since 2 works on your system with regardless of
mp2 decoder - look like points audio out being significant.  On my
laptops they break down trying to create a filter chain from
22050 MP2 1ch to 48000 pcm 2 ch.

After googling the Thinkpad T40 has a Soundworks Integrated Audio which
support audio playback from 11025 to 48000.

The issue now is to figure how to get mplayer either to resample to
"file" or just playback to file/PCM without resampling so that the PCM
stream can be put through Sox to resample into a LMS acceptable format.