Drew Lundsten wrote:

> When we print schematics to .pdf using Acrobat Distiller or PDFWriter,
> or to a generic Postscript printer (ours is a HP Laserjet 4050N),
> "over-bar" symbols often disappear from a pin or net name and turn into
> a much longer bar or line segment somewhere else on the same schematic
> page. The result is that with a large page full of active-low signals,
> the spurious over-bars make reading the schematic impossible - they look
> like wire segments.
>
> The installation in question is a P3-550/192M/Win2K/P99SE/SP5, and just
> now confirmed with SP6. Protel tech support also confirmed the problem
> on a sample schematic today, according to one of our engineers; it has
> come up several times on various schematics of various sizes.

I've seen this on occasion, too, as well as hopelessly fouled up schematics
with lines just all over the place.  It seems that having the particular
sheet
completely visible on the screen (rather than zoomed in on one part of the
page) when printing helps.  Also, printing each sheet by itself rather than
printing
the whole design at once seems to help.  I am on SP5, haven't needed to
try to find bugs in SP6!

Jon