At 11:24 AM 2/9/01 -0800, Drew Lundsten wrote:
>So if the most sagacious and prolific poster on the reflector has no
>words of wisdom, I'll have to assume there really is no work-around.

While I thank Mr. Lundsten for his kind words, I must point out that there
is no way that I can compare in sagacity with the collective wisdom and
experience of our entire community. It should never be assumed that what I
write on a subject is the final word. Sometimes it is even embarrassingly
ignorant, but I do not let that discourage me from writing, trusting that
the community will correct me.

Protel EDA tools are a very complex affair and there are corners I have
simply never visited, or I have visited them only once. Since I have not
normally used the negation indicators being discussed, I really don't know
about workarounds.

It has also been noted that Schematics frequently deviate from WYSIWYG,
particularly with regard to fonts at various sizes. Obviously, this is
something that should be tightened up. Some of us are doing professional
schematics and this problem can make the results look less than
professional, or at least make it more work to produce the desired results.

Abd ul-Rahman Lomax
LOMAX DESIGN ASSOCIATES
PCB design, consulting, and training
Protel EDA brokering (resale) services