So if the most sagacious and prolific poster on the reflector has no
words of wisdom, I'll have to assume there really is no work-around.
Printing each page to PDF separately and merging them is pretty
unpalatable but maybe it'll work well for the two-pagers.

More importantly, though, it sounds like others have seen this; I hereby
request whomever is maintaining the Protel Wish List that "over-bar"
printing be FIXED at some point. I know that WYSIWYG is a little much to
ask of a CAD package, but even things like scaling text strings
differently based on zoom depth seem like obvious bugs.

Thanks for the feedback,

Drew

Abd ul-Rahman Lomax wrote:

> At 09:11 AM 2/8/01 -0600, John Lemburg wrote:
>
> >Don't use (*) asterisk as a suffix for negativity.  Use the tilde (~).
> >Instead, use the (*) asterisk as an AND operator in complex symbols, e.g.,
> >SEND * RESET~   In the same way, the (+) plus sign is the OR operator and
> >"(+)" including the parentheses is the EX-OR operator.
>
> That certainly makes sense, however, in practice I have never received a
> schematic with AND or OR operators in the signal names, and many
> engineers,for many, many years, have used an asterisk after the name to
> indicate negation. like R/W*, i.e., 1= READ and 0 = WRITE.
>
> And convention would have the asterisk follow the name.
>
> I'm not 100% certain but I don't think I've ever seen, here in the U.S., a
> tilde. That doesn't mean that it isn't common, it just hasn't crossed my
> virtual desk.
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Abdulrahman Lomax
> P.O. Box 690
> El Verano, CA 95433

> *

Drew Lundsten    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>             direct  +1.858.882.8828
Continuous Computing Corporation                fax  +1.858.777.3388
9380 Carroll Park Dr, San Diego 92121          cell  +1.619.847.4251