I remember downloading and installing newer ODBC libraries from the
Microsoft site.  And these required updates to DCOM also.  I didn't
have these specific problems as I remember,  but if your getting an
ODBC error,  it would be something on the checklist...

I think I got the drivers here:
http://www.microsoft.com/data/odbc/default.htm

---Phil