At 02:46 PM 2/7/01 -0700, Bob Fearon wrote:

>When I try to open a ddb, I get the error plaque from windows:
>
>     [MICROSFT] [ODBC MICROSOFT ACCESS DRIVER] The microsoft
>     jet engine stopped the process because you and another are
>attempting to
>change the same data at the same time.
>
>     I am running Protel 99 SE , service pack 5,  on windows 98.
>     I am running standalone. I am tied into a network.
>     I am the only one here with the software.( I've checked)
>     I get the same symptom connected to the net or unconnected.
>
>     I open Protel,  I open a database, ok so far.
>     I have 4 schematics, and 2 pcbs in this database.
>     If I open pcb #1, it opens fine.
>     If I open pcb #2, I get the error.
>     If I try to load a new set of libraries, I can remove them ok,
>     buy when I add them, I get the error.

Protel is attempting to load a library; this is the common thread. It
thinks that someone else is trying to access that library.

If it were me stumbling around in the darkness, I'd try to identify the
library, copy it, rename the original, and rename the copy to the original
name. If the library is sealed into a database, as it must be to get this
error, then I would try to load the database itself, or I would try to use
the repair tool under the client (big down-arrow on left of top toolbar) menu.

Abd ul-Rahman Lomax
LOMAX DESIGN ASSOCIATES
PCB design, consulting, and training
Protel EDA brokering (resale) services