Wayne Bickers wrote:

> Hi all, I am in the process of taking a schematic to a PCB, using the update
> PCB function, I am getting an error as below
>
> Macro 1: New Node
> Add node FS1-2 to net NetFS1_2
> Error: Node not found
>
> I usually get rid of this by playing around with the part schematic and land
> pattern but this time I cannot seem to get rid of it. Part of my problem is
> I dont know what this is really saying. Is it saying that pin 2 of FS1
> cannot match to the pin 2 of the land pattern?????

Note the difference in the names.  One uses underbar, the other uses dash.
This seems to indicate that the schematic's pin designation is different than
the PCB's pad designation.  This is one of the biggest messes in Protel,
that the schematic library is totally out of sync with the PCB library.
I generally end up making all new PCB parts so that the pad designators
are the same as the schematic.

In schematic, you can double click on the pin and get info on the designator.
In PCB, you can just move the cursor over a pad (but not on a track) and
get the pad designator down at the bottom, or you can double click to see it
in a dialog box, or you can zoom in and read it if pad display is turned on.
They have to match for the netlist to associate to the pads.

Jon