At 12:04 PM 11/16/01 -0500, Bagotronix Tech Support wrote:

>Once one of the Mechs asked what software I used to connect the pads
>together on the CAD system.  I told him I was using the "Bago-router".  He
>thought I was being serious and asked what the Bago-router was.  I replied
>"It's a 100% completion, rip-up-and-retry router" (this was before
>push-and-shove).  "Wow, that's cool!  I wish we had CAD technology like
>that", he said.

Reminds me of the blurb I wrote for the bio on an article about a cassette
interface for the Altair 8800 that I wrote years ago for Byte Magazine,
this would be about 1978 or 1979. I wrote that the article had been
prepared on a ten-channel digital interface. I.e., a typewriter controlled
by ten fingers.

Comparisons between Specctra and the current Protel autorouter can be a bit
silly if the difference in price is not considered. Realistically, we can
think of the Protel autorouter as costing about $1K. You can get a
brain-damaged version of Spectra useful for low layer counts for about
$10K. Yes, the full version of Specctra is a much better router. It ought
to be.

The new router coming, we are told, might be a more serious competitor to
Specctra. If this is true, then the price increases Protel might be well
worth it. Even if the router was not as good as Specctra but was
substantially better than the current router, it might still be worth it.
So we are waiting....

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA