Tim Fifield wrote:

> Just curious... Does anybody use the 99SE autorouter for large PCB designs?
> Do the majority of board designers do everything manually? I don't even
> bother with the autorouter anymore, it's to messy. Perhaps I'm not setting
> it up properly.

That's exactly right.  I think that if you set it up JUST right, it
will do a pretty good job.  I have lucked into the right settings
a couple of times with good results.  The problem is figuring
out the best settings (rules) when you have a board with digital,
analog, through hole and surface mount on different grids gets
very complicated.

I have also had spectacular messes created by the autorouter when
things were not set right.  You just trash them and twiddle a
few rules and try again.  I do not claim any expertise in this area,
and am suffering with it, too.

Jon