On Fri, 16 Nov 2001, Jon Elson wrote:

> The problem is figuring out the best settings (rules) when you have a
> board with digital, analog, through hole and surface mount on
> different grids gets very complicated.

Ah - maybe my utter failure to get results is caused by not using any grid
larger than 1 thou. Specctra doesn't penalise me for this, so I've got
pretty lax. It's also a bit redundant, since I'm running pin pitches of
0.5mm, bgas on 0.8mm, and 4 thou tracks, plus all those connectors that
are _never_ on a grid...
Also, does the router refuse to start if there are DRC violations?
Tweaking rules doesn't help when the damn thing "cannot initialise".

Steve