At 04:26 PM 12/20/01 -0800, Dennis Saputelli wrote:
>i'll probably take flak for this but i don't use the synchronizer,
>fearing that it would make more work
>we just use the good old netlist load, myabe i don't know what i'm
>missing

You don't know what you are missing, Dennis.

The Synchronizer is faster to use, you can make it almost one-button if you
like (but there are still some dialogs). It uses the same macro creation
process, apparently, as does the Netlist Load process. In addition, it
correctly handles multiple pads with the same name in the same footprint. I
only generate a net list when I need to visually inspect it because of some
problem or other, which is rare.

And I am an old-time net lister. Dennis might remember some jobs I did for
him and one which he did for me, something like fifteen years ago, complex
multilayer boards done with tape and mylar. I used to create a net list
from each of the layers (numbering the vias) and pull all the layer lists
together with a Commodore computer. Another list was made from the
schematic and the lists were compared. Errors did not survive that process.
Sometimes on the cheap I would just mark off the net list against the
schematic, which was almost as good.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA