At 03:10 PM 2/3/2002 -0500, Bob Wolfe wrote:
>You should also point out that if you are going to use alternate footprints,
>that if update footprints is needed to be used during synchronization to
>update
>a bunch of updated or changed footprints in a board that the system will
>remove
>any of these alternate footprints and put the first footprint on the list of
>footprints
>in the symbol back on your board.

As Mr. Harm pointed out, the "list of footprints" assigned to a symbol is
irrelevant to the synchronization process. Only the chosen footprint will
be passed to PCB. The first footprint in the list is, I think, assigned by
default to the symbol when it is first placed, which is not an issue in the
present discussion.

If one has changed a footprint on the PCB from that assigned in schematic,
and Update Footprints has been checked (which is the default, as I recall),
yes, the footprints will be changed to the schematic assignment.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA