At this point, I would replace the ODBCjt32.dll file on G6 to restore it to
its original condition.

To eliminate the possibility that you have corrupted the Protel installation
itself:
Disable your virus checker.
Uninstall any Protel service packs using the Add/Remove Programs control
panel.
Uninstall Protel itself  using the Add/Remove Programs control panel.
Do a search in G6's \WINNT directory for all files that contain "99SE" (set
the search string to *99SE*).  Move all found files to a backup directory
somewhere.  They contain all system configuration and user settings for
Protel.  Corruption/inconsistencies in these files can easily cause Protel
to crash.  Make sure that they are all removed from the \WINNT directory.
Reinstall Protel and service pack 6.
Do not add any third party servers.
Run Protel and retest using only Protel example DDB files.  Do not load any
of your own files.
If no access violation, try testing with your own DDB files.
If still no access violation, restore the *99SE* files that you saved and
test again.

If you get an access violation with a clean install of Protel, you might be
better off in the long run if you do a clean install of Win2K with sp2.  It
is definitely possible to get incompatible system files over time caused by
applications that attempt to upgrade selected system files for their own
use.  I recently installed the demo version of Protel 99SE on a laptop with
Win2k and it would consistently cause an access violation on exit.
Uninstalling and reinstalling Protel (including deletion of all .ini files)
did not resolve the problem.  Clean install of Win2K did solve it.

John Williams