i appreciate your response

i also see a ODBCji32.dll, know anything about that?

no virus checker

already went thru uninstall/ install

i haven't (yet) deleted/replaced the *99se* files, i guess that is next

as i reported i don't get any error messages
to repeat the problem when closing a DDB when several DDBs are open then
the whole Protel session disappears and any DDBs with unsaved changes
lose the changes
i have not gotten file corruption or lost files, only work

the machine is pretty young, i hate to reinstall the OS and all the apps

do you think it could be a hardware (motherbd) problem?
all the other apps seem ok

Dennis Saputelli