> Adaptec/roxio software is notoriously buggy.
> If it works nicely for you, be glad.
> I've had it both ways here, on various machines.

    Sorry for the misunderstanding, Roxio has problems with dual CPU, and CD-RW
connected to a SCSI3 card & if your boot drive is
also on the SCSI3 chain.  Roxio software barely has any trouble if your CD-RW is on an
IDE port.  Since not many people use SCSI for
their CD-RWs & main system drive, Roxio doesn't test their CD-RW software under these
circumstances, and there's a small bug related
to these circumstances.

    Since Nero's software has yet to crash once on such a configured system, I figured
that their drivers are a little more sturdy
than Roxio's.  When it comes to backing up my system with my CD-RW, I will always
choose the most sturdy drivers I can find.

Brian Guralnick