You, sir, are a certified, bona fide tweaker ;-)

There are 3 computers in this office I absolutely DO NOT mess with:
CADzilla (my workstation), the Linux server, and my assistant's workstation.
Can't risk messing anything up - we've got too much work to do to risk
downtime.

Anything else is fair game - we've got a heap of old 486's we use for
single-purpose machines (device programming, test stands, hardware hacking,
etc.).  If we screw one up, we just toss it in the dumpster and get another
one off the heap.  I actually had to modify one last month by cutting away
some interior case bracing with a jigsaw!  Oh, if people could see how I
operate on computers!  Yes, the operation was successful (it worked
afterwards).

BTW, we didn't pay anything for those old 486's.  People I know always ask
me if I want their old PCs.  I say "sure, I've got lots of warehouse
space...".

Too bad modern software is so bloated.  It's a shame to see all that PC
hardware going into the landfill.  Those machines were once useful and most
still work.

Best regards,
Ivan Baggett
Bagotronix Inc.