You should dump whichever advisor is currently advising you, as they are
stupid and shortsighted.

Regardless of whether  Protel itself is multi-processor aware,
the system benefits by reducing the instantaneous demands on Processor time,
which, in a single-processor system executing complex or otherwise
"intensive" operations,(like Protel and its memory leaks) often leave the
computer user in a wait-state, ie, yuo sit waiting for the system to come
back from never-land. The use of dual-processors in an O/S environment
supporting symmetric multi-tasking offers the engineer, designer, etc with
an ability to essentially obviate (make moot, deny, etc.) such system
bottle-necks, especially with applications unable to recognize or natively
utilize dual processors.

Studies have shown time and time again that a pair of XMhz processors will
out-perform a single 1.5X processor in most real-world tasking environments.
For those concerned with cost, it should also be noted that a pair of
sub-LatestGreatest freq processors also cost substantially less than falling
victim to the king-of-the-hill merchandising scheme...

My record speaks for itself on these matters. Read the archive and compare
with the trends.

aj

* Tracking #: 875CF43B1A47F042AB962A968238E0C244C07658