Well,
I'm no expert in the Protel Servers, but in Delphi.
Unless you want to commercialize your product, the Delphi7 personal
seems to suite. The next step, Delphi7 professional includes the
source of many libraries, plus allows you to commercialize your work.
The upgrades require a Delphi 6 of the same level, I think.
For more info : http://www.borland.com/delphi/index.html

I didn't follow the PDEV group, just noticed that the conditions to
get all the information and the conditions to work under, ahem: the NDA,
are not that motivating.

Rene