Ian,

I did go thru all of the PEDA and PDEV Archives that I have avaiable to me
here on this system (back to 9/12/01), and did note that several posts did
mention that D6 would not work for P99, but that also it appears that D6 is
what DXP is written in.

I am wondering just what the problem is, and whether or not it may be
possible to get a re-compile out of Sidney which would work on D6 (certainly
less work than SP7).

On the other hand, I wonder if D7 may work whareas D6 did not. To this
extent, I thought about downloading the free Trial Version, but I realize
that it would take me more that the 30 days just to learn enough of both the
SDK and Delphi to be able to put the thing to the test, and see whether it
would handle the compiled libraries.

Is there some specific thing that D6 won't handle, that could be checked out
on D7?

I ran into this same kind of problem once before with Borland with Turbo C++
Version 2 versus Version 3 with some compiled libraries, but eventially
found that while they would not work from the "integrated environment", they
could in fact be used with the "command line" Version of the newer Version.
I am wondering if the problem with Version 6 might not be something like
that.

I guess that I just have to start crusing Ebay looking for D5.

Does anyone know of any other soruces for used / recycled software?.

Anyway, thanks for your input,

JaMi