Bob,
        I have seen some messages previously about this footprint updating
issue, but I have never experienced it myself. How does it manifest itself?
I commonly overwrite default footprints in the footprint field but have
never had footprints change back to the default one on the list upon
updating PCBs. (i.e. my resistor sch symbol contains 0603(default), 0805,
1206 & 1812 footprints. I commonly these days change the footprint
semi-manually to 0402, it never changes back upon updating the PCB. Same
with monolithic caps.) I am mystified when it comes to this complaint. Can
you tell me exactly what steps will produce this issue, then maybe I can
understand why I don't see this issue?

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.
Microwave Products
Tel   (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
Fax  (604) 292-9010
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.norsat.com

Check out our fall promotion at www.norsat.com. Limited quantities. Sale
ends December 24, 2002.
Contact your Account Manager or call 1-800-NII-4LNB or email