Mike,
        I am not sure that your explanation is the same as the problem I
thought was being described. I couldn't follow your example completely
because you didn't state which footprint was the active/current footprint
after you did the update. Sounds like you thought it was a bug just listing
the two footprints. This also similarly goes back to the "sticky" symbol
issues recently discussed on the DXP list. Sticky or non-sticky, differing
opinions existed.

        The problem that I thought was described as occurring when updating
PCB. Just went back and re-read Bob's original message and realize that I
was confused by his mention of footprint and "leave it on the board".

        I know for my own opinion, if I update symbols from the library I
expect to have brand new virgin symbol in my schematic. No remnants from the
previous iteration. Sounds like your description says we get a hodgepodge, I
will have to try it out this afternoon. Thanks.

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.
Microwave Products
Tel   (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
Fax  (604) 292-9010
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.norsat.com

Check out our fall promotion at www.norsat.com. Limited quantities. Sale
ends December 24, 2002.
Contact your Account Manager or call 1-800-NII-4LNB or email