Anand,

> From: Anand Kulkarni [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> Now this connector has got 2 holes , 1 on each end ,
> apparently for screwing to the board.
<opposite sides, etc....>
>... the holes have to be perfectly aligned.

> Is this "alignment" something that I can expect the PCB
> manufacturer to easily achieve ?

Hopefully your board mfg can accomplish this small task. I could do it with
hand drawn art work and an old-fashioned hand-crank drill.

In other words, yes. If not, shoot them. Though I hope you do realize that
in general if they're both male or both female, you will never achieve
one-to-one registration of the pin designators, no matter who your board
house is, since the connector sex is dientical and so mirroring rules apply,
much like flipping an IC. ex: dip8>> pin 1 of the component on the bottom
layer is opposite to pin 8 on the top layer component, and visa-versa...

aj