thanks for your reply ..

But,I am not clear about the consideration that you mentioned
regarding the hood/shell of the two cables and there not being enough space for
both of them.

I plan to screw the two connectors together on opposite sides of the board and then
each connector will act as a socket for a SCSI cable ...

the SCSI cable will NOT be screwed to the connector OR to the board.

It will simply be inserted into the corresponding socket and left ( hanging ).

I assumed this is alright ,because there is a "very snug" fit between this cable and
the connector.

I hope I've been able to explain well ...

One more concern :
I plan to have 16  such connector-cable pairs on my board ...
do you anticipate any problems with this arrangement ?

please do reply ,

thanks very much

best regards

Anand Kulkarni