On Thu, 19 Dec 2002 13:21:39 -0500, Anand Kulkarni wrote:

For your original question I really don't see any difference between the
PCB tolerances required to mount one connector on a board or one on each
side (unless your board house manages to drill the holes at an angle).

>the SCSI cable will NOT be screwed to the connector OR to the board.

>It will simply be inserted into the corresponding socket and left ( hanging ).

>I assumed this is alright ,because there is a "very snug" fit between
>this cable and the connector.

I have just done a PCB with a 100 way SCSI 3 type connector. The cable and
connectors we got are not a tight fit when new (never mind when worn) and
they dont make contact till fully inserted. I wasted best part of an hour
debugging a non-existant problem because the connector was not fully home.

Jacking screws would not be an option with connectors both sides of the PCB
sharing mounting holes. You will have to use the connector style with
interlocking catches (spring loaded on the plug).

Cheers, Terry.