Andrew, you shouldn't really attack Richard; it's below you. He can read
perfectly well because Mr. Lomax stated: "But I'd have been very happy
to buy the license at the $2025 I bid."

You may not like what he did, but your analogy is way out of wack. If no
one else outbid Mr. Lomax  then he would have owned it for $2025.
Period. No cheating or screwing anyone out of anything.

Even if he bid the extreme price of $5999 (which is $1 below a non-sale,
upgrade-to-DXP seat would cost from Altuim directly) and some fool
outbid him by $100 (putting it above the direct-from-Altuim price, it
still isn't Mr. Lomax's fault for cheating anyone out of anything. The
fool that outbid in this scenario is simply a fool.

I have purchased most of my lab at auction (not ebay but traditional
auctions here in layoff Silicon Valley) and I see morons bidding for
stuff that can be purchased NEW FROM AGILENT for less. What is that all
about?? They are fools too.

Tony