>Ok guys this has been beat to death here, lets talk technical and leave the business
>ethics >for elsewhere.

Seriously!  It's Ebay--Caveat emptor.  End of story.  If you think $2K is an unfair
price, don't bid.

Stupid question--is one's license to use Protel actually legally transferable?  Most
software licenses (esp. for CAD stuff) I've seen seem to prohibit selling the license
to another party.  (apologies if this starts another war!)