. But, as I mentioned, Clear can wipe out some of your work if you
> use any primitives with net assignments that are not explicitly connected
> with positive copper to pads with that net.

Nah, Nah Abdul
Clear  will not wipe out  any of your work.   Load the netlist again, run
connect copper, run drcs.  These four steps will outperform the synchronizer
1000 out of 1000 times. at least in 99SE.      I also disagree with you the
synchronizer works better for the following reasons:    I use the netlist to
trouble  shooting errors, change footprints on the fly,  find single nodes,
we run utilities to  find broken busses, find duplicate signals,  broken
nets,  we run utilities to automatically ID pairs for paired routing so that
we can extract a do file.  I can also view gnds, Ana gnds , E gnds, etc and
discuss gnd issues with my customers, if we both have a netlist.   We even
modify the netlist sometimes to make it connect to duplicate pins on BNCs,
I have cut.pasted, and appended netlists.    A netlist is very useful tool
if nothing else.  Like I mentioned it is the only port to third party tools.

Just today, I had an EMI house require a specific breakdown of critical
nets.   I wont define critical here but you get the picture,   I need a
netlist to provide him the information.   I cant provide this information on
a system that is not netlist driven.

Mike Reagan
EDSI