On 09:18 AM 14/02/2003 -0500, Mike Reagan said:
Ian,
Time works against me.    Some boards of which I have Protel schematics,  I
have found the synchronizer to take hours.
I assume you are not using the "Assign Net to Connected Copper" option within the synchronizer - I have found this to slow things down heaps. I have not noticed a dramatic slow down of the synch with design size but probably the biggest design I have done is quite modest by your standards.

Mike, I am not surprised you have good reason for doing what you were doing. I was mainly pointing out to others (and for the web searcher) that the synch doesn't have this particular issue. I was quite sure you had good reason not to use it in this case (though the cost and time spent turning the PCB again would be more than the cost in your time doing using the synch - in this case, I'd guess. So all you have to do is figure out when you are about to make a mistake and spend the time doing the synch instead of netlist load ... simple, eh!

Ian