On 12:05 PM 14/02/2003 -0500, Mike Reagan said:
Ivan,
I had one design with those little itsy bitsy tiny logic chips  amounted  to
4500 chips.   The Backplane it fit into was 24x 36 , only one fabricator in
the country was able to make it.   It used every layer both signal and
planes that Protel had.   Then on top of that,  the backplane designer had
poured copper on the outer layers.  We are working with a board house now to
allow them to do the copper pours on the exterior.  The copper pours are
killing us for time.
Any chance of placing large rectangular fills to do the bulk of the "pours" and then adding smaller pours around the edges to fill in. This would definitely speed things up. Or place a big pour covering most of the area, or less dense areas, with a huge track size (and grid=0) and then use a finer pour on the more complex areas? What about using a internal plane and an signal layer as a pair and get a photo merge done? Oh yeah - you are using every single layer.

How thick is the board? 6mm?

Ian