John

I have never seen the behaviour you describe with autojunction.

I always have it turned on, never a problem.

Only issues I can remember seeing in the list was a large thread on the
issue of 4 point connections (bad practice anyway).

This was not directly related to having a 4 point connection, but the
issue was raised where the actual correct behaviour of the autojucntion
feature caused a connectivity issue (but a short, not an open as in your
case) where a wire has been drawn so far then stopped, then an
additional wire had been added from its endpoint to its destination.
Technically there is a junction there at the end nodes of where the 2
wires meet, but no need to see it, so Protel keeps it hidden, just like
the connection from your wire or power port to the pull-up. But another
wire placed across that node at 90 deg WILL create an autojunction
(short). So a very rare case for having autojunction disabled, but only
to enable the use of a bad practice anyway.

In any event the ERC has always flagged this as an error, if the nets
have been named, or the pin types are incompatible, but if all the pins
were drawn passive, and no nets named, then it's a problem..

But with what you describe below I do not think that your SCH is the
issue as you have seen the generated netlist for yourself and it was
correct. Perhaps an import to PCB or synchroniser issue in this case
where your PCB netlist was not updated correctly is more likely, hence
the reason you cannot reproduce it while working on the SCH area alone.

Did you run a batch DRC after completing the board?

Just some ideas, I would not lose faith in Protel over this one
instance.

Best Regards

John A. Ross

RSD Communications Ltd
8 BorrowMeadow Road
Springkerse Industrial Estate
Stirling, Scotland FK7 7UW

Tel     +44 [0]1786 450572 Ext 225 (Office)
Tel     +44 [0]1786 450572 Ext 248 (Lab)
Fax     +44 [0]1786 474653
GSM     +44 [0]7831 373727

Email   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
WWW     http://www.rsd.tv