Brian,

Sorry for the late response, but here goes.

The problem with calling out 4 oz. Cu, or even 2 oz. for that matter, is
that the board house will probably "pattern plate" the Cu, and it may not be
uniform. There is additionally the problem of etching small traces in the
same layer, due to the thickness.

Solder, or solder plate (with or without soldermask so that you can put more
on), as brought out in an earlier post, is a very very poor design choice,
simply because solder will only carry about 16 percent of the current that
copper will. You should never rely on solder to carry any current
whatsoever. This is why solder is always excluded in any current carrying
capacity calculations, whether they be the old MIL STD 275 calculations or
charts, or any of the numerous newer ones (the IPC charts are the same as
the old 275 charts).

Bus bars do offer a solution, as does plain old wire.

I would opt for the wider traces, as brought out in one earlier post, and I
would distribute the copper on both sides of the board, and stitch it
together with a very liberal sprinkling of vias, which should allay your
fears about the connections that you bring up below. Remember to account for
the size of the vias in your trace width calculations (subtract out the hole
size(s) from the width of the trace)).

Is it possible that the caps are large enough to have screw type  terminals?
If so, you could possibly use a wire with a terminal, in addition to the
copper traces.

Someone also mentioned a 10 - 15 degree C rise in conductor temperature in
an earlier post. That is one problem with most "current capacity
calculators" today, is that they start at 10 degrees C, and the fact is that
you really do not want to design in a 10 degree C rise in temperature to
your product, not to mention 15 degrees C or anything higher. In reality,
unless you have a lot of airflow and lots of extra cooling capacity, you
really should be designing for something mush less than 10 degrees C for the
normal operation of the product. If you get large surges in current that
last for any considerable length of time, and you get them often, then maybe
it is time to increase your nominal / normal current rating a bit.

JaMi