Hello Ian,

I should probably elaborate. It's been out of the box, and is now back
in, - figuratively.
I have both 99SE and DXP on my machine. I'm just not using DXP for real
work yet...
I have tried it, and taken the 1 day transition course.

To be fair, I probably haven't spent long enough trying DXP, and I do
intend to change over to it once I know that P2004 is robust.
(Otherwise, I'll only be further behind for future upgrades)
I'm expecting my upgrade soon.
I would like to think that 1 year from now I'll be just as good with
P2004 as I am with 99SE.

My current work schedule won't allow the learning curve and adaption
time for me to 'jump' just yet. I currently use the .ddb files, and the
change to DXP will also involve me changing work instructions to deal
with the return to individual files. Company libraries and Templates
will also need to be transitioned to DXP.

I have customised mouse button functions in 99SE that help me quickly
perform many functions that I frequently use. I would like to replicate
that in DXP, but to me, it doesn't seem as easy.

From my point of view, global editing was far easier and faster in 99SE.
I find the method in DXP, although more powerful, is slower and less
intuitive for 90% of the editing that I would do. -I would like the
option to globally edit as in 99SE as well as the new 'programmer
friendly' way.
The script based editing is fine for complex and special global edits,
but these account for only a few percent of global edits.

The user interface is different enough that it's like working with a
whole new program. That will take time to get used to, and until I do, I
won't be as productive.
I need to deal with a different method of producing prints for the
assembly and master drawings for a data pack.

Everything appears to be too slow. (may just be debug code in the early
release). Noticeable delay in selection, and sometimes a few seconds
delay on closing dialogue boxes.

Have had problems with translation of split planes from 99SE - split
planes transferred ok, but the global layer net assignment lost the
plot. - this may be fixed in P2004?

There are good points - The multiple channel function looks good, the
ability to drop components onto wires in the schematic and have the
wires break and connect up correctly is also good.

regards,

Phil.