On 12:16 PM 10/03/2004, DUTTON Phil said:
Bill,

My DXP is still in
the box.

<..snip..>

 There are some
good things in DXP, but there are many features that really don't seem
to help my productivity.

I am intrigued by this. How do the people that haven't used something know it is not more (or less) productive than what they are using. I guess it happens not to be the sort of statement I would make, so I am interested in the answer. I tend to spend longer than others investigating tools to see what I like and dislike; I suspect I waste too much time on this sort of thing. I can't see how one knows that something is no good until you try it.

It may very well be the case that the features and fixes are not worth your time and effort. The trick with all this stuff is picking when, and *where*, to jump.

Some people are using DXP and P2004. Do they have a competitive advantage or not? What about those using other CAE programs? I don't know the answer to this.

I have still not see a detailed comparison, done by real knowledgeable users, of a wide range of CAE programs. The closest I have seen is the comments by John Ross (thanks, John). I do know what I prefer to use, but I don't know if I am more or less productive than all the other options out there. How does one know?

All the best,
Ian