Phil's comments pretty much sum up our findings, feeelings
and experience too (except we never did Mentor)

after a few whirls around our DXP is 'still in the box' too
there's just never any time to lose getting up to speed and
messing around with new ways of doing the same thing

Dennis Saputelli

DUTTON Phil wrote:

> Bill,
>
> You've hit the nail on the head.
> I've used Protel since 1987, I've also used Mentor.
> I was influential in converting my current company from using Mentor to
> using Protel.
> Simply because, for our kind of work, Protel was more intuitive, faster,
> and the designer could focus on designing the board. My DXP is still in
> the box. My current workload cannot tolerate the learning curve or
> reduction in my efficiency to change to DXP at this time. There are some
> good things in DXP, but there are many features that really don't seem
> to help my productivity.
>
> regards,
>
> Phil Dutton CID

Integrated Controls, Inc.           Tel: 415-647-0480  EXT 107
2851 21st Street                    Fax: 415-647-3003
San Francisco, CA 94110             www.integratedcontrolsinc.com