> At 10:08 PM 3/9/2004, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >If you do something a lot and it used to take 5 keystrokes (or mouse
> >clicks) in 99SE but takes 20 in DXP, to me that is a HUGE problem.  Even
> >if the new feature is 100 times more powerful (as in the case of the
DXP's
> >inspector versus 99SE's global change), if it takes more effort to use
the
> >feature for the tasks that you do 99% of the time, the change is actually
> >a huge step backwards not forward.

The DXP /2004  inspector and  the lack of being able to hit "global" is one
of my complaints. I use global edits frequently , very frequently.  I am
getting used to the inpsector, but I would prefer the word GLOBAL somewhere
in the dialog. I almost have 2004  set up the way I want.  I have 99SE setup
with pull down layer sets ie  I can pull down only signal layers, or plane
layers without going thru the menus and checking/ unchecking layers.   I am
trying to find out how to set up 2004 with my own shortcuts.    I  read the
DXP forum but rarely contribute.  I thank  TechServe for allowing open
discussion anything Protel related without too much censorship.    YES, I
too have received notices from Techserve, all deserved for either bad
language or something else out of line.

Has DXP hurt Protel?  Maybe not.  The only competing Product is Orcad, and
Cadence isn't focused on selling 10K software.  Orcad is scalable....right
into Alegro and the rest of Cadence products, which leaves Protel in a good
position to lead shrink wrapped software. I am seeing alot more companies
using Protel. It was unthinkable a few years ago.  The ones using DXP don't
know any better, because DXP probably works better than the crap they used
to have.

Mike Reagan