"I like how anyone who wants options is like a leper, haha.  "you have
eccentric hubs"  Let us eat cake!"

LOL!   It's a bike Rivendell might offer, that might have vertical
dropouts, or might have horizontal ones.     Both afford the user options,
both have drawbacks.   Nobody is shunning/oppressing anybody, I don't
think!      This is a bicycle forum, so expect some zealotry but don't let
it make you feel bad.    :)