Having read some the replys, I'll throw my 2 cents in too.  I have
noticed that if I've rebooted my backup machine, a good 50% of the time
Retrospect will not launch by itself when scheduled.  When I first
launch Retrospect after it has missed a backup, it will then start to do
the backup, and then continue to do backups normally.  Thus I find that
I often have to remember to boot Retrospect after booting the machine
(probably ought to put an alias in the startup folder).

Owen Watson wrote:

> Occasionally (often when I'm away) Retrospect (latest version) won't
> start up automatically on my Mac. No lack of memory. When I do launch
> Retro on these occasions it then happily does its scripts, but why is
> the autolaunch so erratic?
> Yes, I do have it turned on. . .
> Owen Watson
> at home in Wellington, New Zealand