On 07/12/2000 somewhere around the time of 09:28 +0200, jakob krabbe spoke about "why
does my client works without a serial!?":

>My documentation got all screwed up yesterday when I downloaded and
>installed a PC client.
>
>I prepered to use the Activator Code that I have assigned for it but the
>Activator Code box never appeared and the client just worked!
>
>Did I install a demo!?
>
>Also, while installing i had to enter a password "to protect the client" or
>something... I truelly expected the PC clients to act more or less the same
>way that the Mac clients do. We have already one PC client as I installed
>before that free client upgrade, 5.1(???).

If Retro already has activator codes (in it's prefs or somewhere) that it knows about
it will automatically assign a "free" activator code to it.  And since you can use a
Mac or PC activator code on either platform, it may have given a free "Mac code" to
your PC.

As for the asking for a password to protect the client from being activated by some
other Retro user, that is a fairly new thing.  Sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't.
--

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Ryan La Riviere

Lab Services Coordinator; Drexel University
215.895.6010
ICQ: 11747071, 44292959, 58586020
http://staff.tdec.drexel.edu/larz