Thanks again for the help.
So I ended up reinstalling apache after system udpates (thanks admin!).
I dropped and recreated the review board data base.
Removed the old site folder and re-ran the site create.
(https://www.reviewboard.org/docs/manual/dev/admin/installation/creating-sites/)
I think I have all that setup, I did link the files.

At first I got a default apache page, so I removed the 000-default page
from /etc/apache2/sites-enabled.

Now I get a 400 error bad request. Sorry to pick your brain like this, I'm
still new at linux and command its interface, especially over ssh.
Any thoughts on what I can check or adjust to get the site to load again?

Here is my settings_local.py file:

# Site-specific configuration settings for Review Board
# Definitions of these settings can be found at
# http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/ref/settings/

# Database configuration
DATABASES = {
    'default': {
        'ENGINE': 'django.db.backends.mysql',
        'NAME': 'reviewboard',
        'USER': 'reviewboard',
        'PASSWORD': <removed>
        'HOST': 'localhost',
        'PORT': '',
    },
}

# Unique secret key. Don't share this with anybody.
SECRET_KEY = <removed>

# Cache backend settings.
CACHES = {
    'default': {
        'BACKEND': 'django.core.cache.backends.memcached.MemcachedCache',
        'LOCATION': 'localhost:11211',
    },
}

# Extra site information.