D. K. Kraft wrote:

A) Password manager multiple requests -- I currently use a Master Password with SM 1.1.18, set for "If it has not been used for [10] minutes or longer," and it works as expected, with necessary requests being made within those parameters for needed passwords on a web page or for mail access. SM 2.0RC1 makes what appear to be random requests that have nothing to do with actually supplying a password, including a request at start-up of only the browser, and it doesn't appear to honor the above timeout settings. This is becoming *very* annoying, and from a scan of Bugzilla, there still is no fix in the works. What up w' dat, peeps?

How often do you actually check for mail? Note that the default for 2.0 is that it checks for mail even though you have not opened the main mail window yet. The request at start-up is to work around a bug where if start with multiple tabs or mail accounts that need a password then you get multiple prompts for the master password, but it can be disabled.

B) Offline and Disk Space setting -- although SM 2.0RC1 honors the setting to "Ask me for online state at startup," it a) brings up a second dialog box after clicking on either option, and has to be clicked on again to start the program in either mode; and b) the dialog box is accompanied by the Default Beep sound assigned by Win XP.

I have to say, I haven't tried this setting. In fact, I'd forgotten that it was there.

C) Mail and News default view -- in 1.1.18, mail/news starts up opened to my default mail account Inbox folder in the left pane, showing the folder contents in right pane. 2.0RC1 opens up to the main e-mail title in the left pane, thus showing the general settings for e-mail and specific options for the account (Email, Accounts, Advanced Features).

This should depend on the "check for new mail at startup" preference for your default account. (Although we should have imported that from your old profile.)

--
Warning: May contain traces of nuts.