Dear Hakan,

For the US, accidents per vehicle would not be valid, since many drivers own
and operate two, three, or more vehicles. When I used to live and work in the
US, I put around 30,000 miles/year on three vehicles. Wouldn't my risk of an
accident, as a driver, have to based on my 30,000 miles/year of driving, not
on a per vehicle basis? I think the more valid measure for comparison between
countries would be the accidents/total miles driven by all drivers/year.

Derek Hargis

http://us.click.yahoo.com/O10svD/Me7FAA/AG3JAA/FGYolB/TM