>But I don't understand what is wrong with considering
>all options in war. This one was (wisely) discarded.
>Maybe it should not have made it up the to the
>president (ie been shot down at a lower level). Had he
>gone through with it, then yes, very bad decision. But
>in the context of how can we win/be successful with
>Bush'es Iraq adventure, I am all for creative and
>comprehensive thinking. And I am all for eliminating
>bone headed ideas from that list. To a casual
>observer, it looks like that is exactly what happened.
>
>So what am I missing?
>
>thanks
>Tom

I'm no expert, but it seems to me that there are agreements with
countries around the world, like the Geneva convention, and who knows
what else, that prohibit attacking citizens, public infrastructure,
utilities..

I'm sure that someone more knowledgeable will chime in.

--
Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't
hear the music.