"But I don't understand what is wrong with considering all options in war."

I'm not surprised that anyone on this list would suggest having an open mind on anything. After all, it is the single biggest strength of the biofuel's collective mind (so to speak).

However, the only option in war (IMO) is to put down the antagonists. Nearly every war the US has fought, has been as an extension of its foreign policy and politics - making it one of the worlds biggest antagonists.

To a pacifist, the reasons for stopping war are obvious. on a practical level, war has not been a successful way of extending any political policy.

[Biofuel] Keegan vs. von Clausewitz: war is not a worthwhile instrument of national policy

(IMO) the decision boils down to weighing the benefits of either ten years of occupation or ten years of civil war. In the context of self determination and the history of most democracies which have emerged over the past hundred years, the decision seems pretty unambiguous.

Mike

Tom Scheel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'm angry that Bush is rolling back environmental
policy in favor of an extract and consume policy. I'm
angry that we have made a hash of the war in Iraq and
alieniated the US from the world community in the
process. I'm livid about our energy "policy".

But I don't understand what is wrong with considering
all options in war. This one was (wisely) discarded.
Maybe it should not have made it up the to the
president (ie been shot down at a lower level). Had he
gone through with it, then yes, very bad decision. But
in the context of how can we win/be successful with
Bush'es Iraq adventure, I am all for creative and
comprehensive thinking. And I am all for eliminating
bone headed ideas from that list. To a casual
observer, it looks like that is exactly what happened.

So what am I missing?

thanks
Tom

Radiance Heating and Plumbing, Inc. (ROC 204149,204150)
Tom Scheel
928-380-6294